Congratulations on your decision to become a Real Estate Agent! Here at Evolve Realty, we’re excited to help you begin and grow your real estate career. We’ve outlined the basics of getting your real estate license and tips from our Evolve Agents that have passed the exam on their first try.
Requirements to obtain real estate license:
In order to be eligible to become a real estate agent, the licensee must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a social security number
- Take 40 hours of approved pre-licensing education
- Many of our agents have successfully completed education with AREA
Evolve tip: practice questions from AREA tend to be significantly easier than the questions on the real exam. Use their practice exams to test comprehension, but be careful about using them to estimate preparedness for the exam itself.
- Mail application to take the real estate license exam to the PSI office to get pre-approved for the exam.
- The application includes three endorsements from people unrelated to you.
- Pass the Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson Exam
- Taken in person and proctored, this timed exam determines if you obtain the real estate license.
- Scheduling can be booked out a month in advance, so we advise prospective agents to either
- Schedule your exam as soon as possible
- Check into the website multiple times a day, waiting for a last minute cancellation
Evolve tip: most agents find that real estate classes lack sufficient rigor in practice questions and seek support from outside resources. Many of our agents have successfully used Real Estate Exam Scholar to help them pass the official exam. We recommend passing their exams with >90% correct answers before taking the official exam.
- Meet with Vera Lucia Dias and Emily Isabel about joining Evolve Realty
- Let’s celebrate your new real estate license! Come by the brokerage or meet for coffee (and a treat).
- Call or text Vera (508) 654-0079 and/or Emily Isabel (508) 377-2717 to schedule an appointment.